Are you aware that cavities are one of the most common oral health disorders in children? Not only can children get cavities, but cavities will remain a constant threat to your pearly whites for the rest of your lives. Guarding your teeth and preventing cavities begins with ensuring that cavities cannot be allowed to form.
For a better understanding of the basics, listed below are principles concerning cavity prevention:
– Make an effort to attend checkups with your dentist whenever possible. For additional care, schedule two professional cleanings each year.
– Make sure your teeth and gums are well cleaned and cared for by brushing and flossing daily, twice daily when brushing, and once daily when flossing.
– Stay away from sticky or chewy foods that linger in the mouth after eating them. To help ensure a clean mouth after meals, consider trying sugarless gum and mouthwash.
– Eat healthy foods that are rich in calcium and phosphorus, which are minerals that aid in strengthening tooth enamel.
– Always seek out cleaning tools that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance or those products which have been given your dentist’s approval.
– When you eat sugary foods, the bacteria in plaque within your mouth can convert the sugars into harmful acids that can eat through tooth enamel. Thus, to avert cavities, limit your sugar intake.
If you would like to set up an appointment to discuss your possible cavity treatment with Dr. Neal Emad and our team at Nova Dental Care, please call 703-938-7615 to set up a visit to our dentist office in Vienna, Virginia. Get the smile you’ve always dreamed of with cavity prevention.